Sunday, April 12, 2015

Weekend Writing Warriors - #8Snippet Sunday

Good morning/afternoon readers and bloggers. I am excited to be a part of a group of talented writers. Wewriwa is a blog hop. When I found this, I noticed several authors that I've read their works. It was quite thrilling to be put in this company.

Please stop by wewriwa and view other author's works. Comment, praise and share. We love our readers. Your participation is greatly appreciated.

I've been going through a shapeshifter story, a wip, that I'm basically writing each week. I've gone ahead more than the few 8 sentences I've posted each week, but I on't want to get to far ahead. I've been struggling with the female lead's dilemma. I believe I've worked it out. Please give me some feedback to see if this works.

Struggling against bone tiredness and the overwhelming pull to stop the car and let his calming power envelop her, Cheyenne forced herself to drive on through the dark night. Just a little longer, no more than a half hour and you’ll be home, she assured herself.
Shadows shifted in the mist, hugging the water’s edge to her right. She dare not let her gaze linger for fear that she'd see more than a few passing glowing eyes. Fixing her stare straight ahead, soon her gaze was drawn to the haze, barely penetrating the fog, up in the distance.
“Dammit.” As the car sped on she knew the faint light would grow and finally brighten like a beacon in an inky sky. The dim photocell streetlight signaling she'd come upon the CC Pub.

Suddenly all the pent up energy depleted from her body as his deep, soothing voice echoed through her head, Welcome to my territory, love.



Historical Euphemism of the day for Sex

Labor Leather Time Period: 1500 - 1600 Leather needs to be conditioned to keep soft and pliable aka lots and lots of practice in bed.