Sunday, April 5, 2015

Weekend Writing Warriors - Week 2 #8Snippet Sunday

Happy Easter!

I am excited to be a part of a group of talented writers. Wewriwa is a blog hop. When I found this, I noticed several authors that I've read their works. It was quite thrilling to be put in this company.

I hope you enjoy this excerpt and please stop by wewriwa and view other author's works. Your participation is greatly appreciated.

This week, I'm continuing with my wip shapeshifter story. I enjoy several author's books, One of the latest authors has one of the shapeshifters dying. It got me to thinking what would my shapeshifter be like since he's been waiting for this woman for several years now. It's something I'm going to have to think on.

Again, this story is about a vibrant fifty year old woman whose older husband has just died. The local shapeshifter caught her scent as his fated mate. He's been biding his time, but now that the way is clear, he's ready for her to come to him.

...she'd miscalculated.
  She’d left Nashville later than planned. She should have stayed, but it had been months since she’d been home for more than a day or two and she was anxious to get back there now. 
  To her home and bed.
  Her exhausted brain had pushed him into the recesses of her mind. Searching the narrow winding road and beyond the meager headlights; he was out there, waiting for her.
  She should have realized the itch at the base of her brain as she turned off the interstate was her body telling her she could feel him. 
Rounding another curve and descending into the hollow, she didn’t need sight to tell her that she’d past the invisible border of Cedar Creek Community, it slammed into her like a mac truck hitting a Prius. 


Historical Euphemism of the day for Sex

Labor Leather Time Period: 1500 - 1600 Leather needs to be conditioned to keep soft and pliable aka lots and lots of practice in bed.