Friday, August 28, 2015

Four Alarm Friday

Have you ever looked at someone, made eye contact and you two just clicked? It doesn't happen often, but when it does those sparks fly, Nothing matters but him or her?

That happened to me the other day. In Cracker Barrel not less. It was just a moment, but catching that person's eye and locking onto their gaze was--strange.

Let me see if I can do this justice. (Since it's not fiction it's hard for me to write).

The door swung outward just as I reached to open it. I stepped back to let the gentleman pass and headed inside the restaurant. Food aromas tickled my nose and I picked up on the smell of bacon and biscuits wafting from the kitchen. My mouth watered in anticipation.

Mommas pancake breakfast was calling my name, along with a huge cup of black coffee. I made a beeline for the host/hostess stand, hearing my husband chuckle as I left him in my dust.

I gave our name and began wandering the store as we had a ten minute wait. I walked around the candy aisle toward the clothes and paused to let a man pass.

He turned to acknowledge me and that's when it happened. Forest green eyes pierced mine, stopping me in my tracks. My pulse kicked up a notch and blood roared in my ears. The room fell away.

I'm not sure how long we stood there. It couldn't have been more than seconds, but all I could see were those eyes. He smiled and I'm sure I did the same. I had to have because my  heart stuttered and I couldn't breathe.

All too soon he moved on and I stood there, dazed. Slowly the room came into focus and the next thing I knew I was standing in the far corner browsing colorful crocheted shirts hanging on a rack in front of me.

I blinked a few times to clear my head. Inhaling deeply, I let out a slow breath, looking around to see if anyone was watching. Thank goodness no one saw me, and my husband was over by the DVD rack checking out movies.

What the heck just happened, was my first thought. Then guilt hit me that I could look at another man that way. I'm a happily married woman for cripes sake.

While I browsed the clothes, my mind raced back to the encounter. The guy wasn't drool worthy. He was nice looking, middle aged, about 5' 11" inches tall. His build was slightly husky and he wore a baseball cap. From the shape of his head, I could tell he had a receding hairline, he may have been bald.

But, there was something about those eyes. He'd looked into my soul and there was a connection. It still haunts me. I felt as if we'd known each other all our lives, but hadn't seen one another in a while, but could pick right back up where we left off.

Thank goodness I didn't see him again. It was one of those cliches, two ships passing in the night, destined to meet, but then go on our way.

Hmm. I guess truth is stranger than fiction.


Historical Euphemism of the day for Sex

Labor Leather Time Period: 1500 - 1600 Leather needs to be conditioned to keep soft and pliable aka lots and lots of practice in bed.