Tuesday, August 4, 2015

Torrid Tuesday

You know I like just about anything hot. Mainly romance, blazing hot. Hahaha.

Anyway today, I took time off from writing to do something else hot. Nope, not that. Hubby is at work.

I made jalapeno pepper jelly. Most of the recipes call for a bell pepper base and then a few jalapenos. I don't care for that. So, I skip the bell pepper base and just add more jalapenos. The taste is just as good, and there's a little more heat.

Jalapeno Pepper Jelly Recipe

6 Jalapenos
3 cups sugar
1/2 cup apple cider vinegar.

Puree peppers, I leave some chunks, pour into a non-aluminum pot, add sugar and vinegar. Cook over medium-high heat until boiling. Boil for 3 minutes.

1 pouch. that's half of a 6 oz box of Certo Pectin, or any other liquid pectin.
1 Tablespoon fresh lime juice
Add to boiling mixture heat until boiling again and boil for 1 more minute.

Skim off foam.
Pour into half pint jars. Refrigerate when cool.

Makes 3 half pint jars.

Note: I normally make 6 batches at a time with no problem.
Serve over crackers and cream cheese.

Super Easy Hot Pepper Jelly






Historical Euphemism of the day for Sex

Labor Leather Time Period: 1500 - 1600 Leather needs to be conditioned to keep soft and pliable aka lots and lots of practice in bed.