Tuesday, November 17, 2015

NaNoWriMo Day 17 - Last Scene

I didn't know I had it in me. For the last few years I've basically been plunking along writing when the mood struck. Well, NaNoWriMo put a fire beneath me and I'm writing daily and more words than I ever believed I could.

Met my goal for the day and am on track to finish 50k by the end of the month. Something I never believed would happen. If you've thought about joining NaNoWriMo but didn't believe you could make it think again. You can do it.

Today's last scene

“That smells pretty good. I’ve never had grits,” Dani said, finally breaking the silence ambling up next to Tamara.
“Wait till you taste them. Most people cook them with just water. And that’s fine if you’re going to mix them with another dish, but I still like to add a little more seasoning than most people just because that’s my preference.”
“Here.” Stasia held a beer over her shoulder. “You’ve worried enough over Jax, stop thinking for now and let’s eat and talk about important things.”
“Like?” Dani and Tam asked in unison.
“How was Jax in bed?”
Laughter filled the kitchen.


By the time Tamara closed the door on her friends, her mood had lightened considerably thanks to Dani and Stasia. She still didn’t know what to do about Jax. All she knew was she had to make it right whether he wanted her to or not.
Now all she had to do was figure out how to get him to listen to her.


“Jax if you’ll just listen…” This was the third time she had dropped by his house and the same number of times he had closed the door in her face. He was just hurt that was all. She couldn’t blame him. She was beginning to feel the same herself.   

Historical Euphemism of the day for Sex

Labor Leather Time Period: 1500 - 1600 Leather needs to be conditioned to keep soft and pliable aka lots and lots of practice in bed.