Saturday, November 28, 2015

NaNoWriMo Day 28 - Winding Down

With only a few days left on NaNoWriMo, and now that I'm finished, I thought today I'd write about my early thoughts.

Before signing up to commit to a month long writing session, with specific word counts and the accountability, I took a month to think about it. Actually I had been thinking about signing up since July, but by the beginning of October I really began to examine the whole premise.

I went on NaNo's website and did my research. I read a several blog posts, and spoke with a few author friends. They all noted their experiences.

The common theme was that it was life-changing in their writing. That was what I was looking for. But, I was afraid. I imagined writing about 10 thousand words. I would be embarrassed by the whole situation.

During our two week vacation at the beginning of October I truly spend days thinking could I do this? I finally decided I could, and believed and imagined that I was a NaNo winner.

I told my family my plans. I spoke with my friend Susan, a writer, and told her of my goals. Each week we saw one another she'd ask, "how is the word count going?" I was happy to give her my numbers.

But, the best thing that helped keep boost my writing was joining a group of other NaNoWriters and talking to one another every day.

We set goals, encouraged one another that they could make this, and no matter if they wrote a hundred words or 5 thousand, they rocked.

I will say I did write today. Just a few hundred words, but it's now second nature to write daily and I'm looking forward to staying the course.

A.

Historical Euphemism of the day for Sex

Labor Leather Time Period: 1500 - 1600 Leather needs to be conditioned to keep soft and pliable aka lots and lots of practice in bed.