Sunday, June 19, 2016

Hubby I Still Love You...

I hope all fathers, in all forms, stepfathers, grandfathers, uncles and big brothers who take on the role of father for required reasons, and, of course, dad that your day is filled with love and happiness.

We're spending the day with my dad. He'll be surrounded by two of his daughters, three grandchildren, and one great-grandchild. We have a nice meal planned and, of course, I'll be giving him a gift certificate for books. Thanks to him and mom, I learned the love or reading and writing.

Don't think I've left out my wonderful husband. I took him to one of his favorite restaurants last night. He enjoys ribs, and this place is one of his favorites.

It was just the two of us. The room wasn't overly crowded but filled up as we ate. We talked and enjoyed each other's company.

Our server was a young man, late teens early twenty's. He was of medium build and had light blond hair. When he left the bill my husband said, "It's her treat tonight."

The young man commented, "I never assume anymore." Picked up the folder from the edge and handed it to me. He talked with my husband while I pulled out my credit card. My husband proceeded to explain that I was treating him to an early father's day meal. The young man nodded his head and listened politely. Before he left, he said, "That's nice."

A few minutes later, he came back, gathered the bill, and said he'd be right back. At the same time, my husband stood up and went to the restroom. I sat there alone patiently waiting for both men to return.

All of a sudden, it hit me. I gasped and I covered my mouth with my hand to keep the other diners from seeing the knowing smile on my face.

Our polite server thought my husband was my father.

When we left the restaurant, I told my husband what I suspected. He stopped and said, "I bet he did." And then walked on to the car as if it were an everyday occurrence.

Thank goodness my husband isn't bothered by the fact he's so much older than I am. We had a great rest of the evening and didn't think a thing about it afterward.

Honey, I love you. Happy Father's Day.

Historical Euphemism of the day for Sex

Labor Leather Time Period: 1500 - 1600 Leather needs to be conditioned to keep soft and pliable aka lots and lots of practice in bed.